- This event has passed.
October 1, 2022 @ 8:00 am - October 2, 2022 @ 11:00 am
Join MPPI and advocates from across the country at our annual Advocacy Conference in Washington, DC this Fall The conference will offer workshops and plenary sessions on the legislative process, workforce registries, public funding streams, building and growing a strong unified advocacy team, media and messaging in advocacy and more! Hear from MPPI staff and field experts and leave equipped to tackle policy challenges in your state. As always, the event offers valuable opportunities for networking with Montessori advocates and leaders from across the country. See the full schedule here.
This year we are offering our Advocacy 101 workshop virtually on Tuesday, September 20, 2022 from 7-9 pm ET. If you haven’t attended one of the MPPI Conferences in the past, we recommend attending this informative session so you will be prepared for the more advanced content during the conference sessions Saturday and Sunday.
We are also offering virtual registration which comes complete with conference snacks if you register by September 17th! The virtual registration will enable you to view the event live via Zoom and includes all sessions Saturday and Sunday.
The full conference runs from Saturday morning to Sunday noon.
We have a limited number of registration scholarships to offer those who need financial support to make attendance at this event possible. BIPOC Montessori educators who need financial support to attend the conference are especially encouraged to apply. For more information and to request assistance, please complete this form.
Attendees can register a guest to join them at the Saturday evening reception for $75.
Please send any questions to email@example.com
The MPPI Advocacy conference will be held at Yours Truly located in the fabulous West End neighborhood of Washington DC nestled between Dupont Circle and Foggy Bottom., with easy access to several metro stops and restaurants. We have secured a block of rooms at a significantly discounted rate of $189 per night.
- Please note there are a limited number of rooms available at the discounted rate of $189 and this rate will only be honored for reservations made before Tuesday, September 7th.
- Please note that all reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card.
- If a guest does not cancel a reservation within 72 hours before 5pm of the guest’s check-in date, then Hotel may charge the credit card one night’s room fee plus any applicable taxes.
- If a guest needs to reduce the number of nights and does not do so prior to 72 hours before 5pm of the guest’s check-in date they will be charged one night’s room fee plus any applicable taxes in addition to charges for their actual stay.
A note about COVID protocols:
Community COVID levels are low in Washington, DC and its surrounding counties. As such our COVID protocols will be as follows:
- If available to you, we request that you do a home COVID test before coming
- Masking will be optional
- We are not requiring proof of vaccination to attend
- Please stay home if you are sick
Many thanks to all of our sponsors for supporting this conference
and advocacy work across the country!
Swag Bag Sponsor