MPPI Advocacy Conference
October 2 @ 12:00 pm - October 4 @ 12:00 pm
MPPI is taking our annual advocacy conference online this year! Join other advocates from your state and across the country to strengthen your advocacy voice. The MPPI conference offers a deep dive into strategy for effecting policy change as well as hands-on exercises that leave you feeling equipped and confident.
The conference is open to all:
- You don’t need prior experience in policy or advocacy
- The policy change MPPI supports impacts private, public, and charter schools.
- You can receive professional development hours from AMI/USA and AMS
Friday October 2nd 4:00-6:00 pm ET Pre-Conference
Interested in getting involved in or newer to advocacy and policy work? We’ll kick off our event on Friday afternoon with a session designed just for you! Get oriented to advocacy basics and how to navigate Montessori specific issues. If you’re a state rep, we encourage you to identify individuals in your state to attend and make your work more sustainable by increasing the number of equipped advocates in your state and.
Saturday October 3rd and Sunday October 4th 2:00-6:00 pm ET
- Dive into the cornerstone of advocacy, cultivating relationships
- Deepen your understanding of what it means to advocate using a racial justice lens
- Learn more about tackling credential recognition for state teacher licensure
- Understand how to develop effective testimony and put that knowledge to practice
- Network with advocates from other states
- And more!
Here’s what past attendees are saying:
“This conference helps attendees drill down into the details of public policy with regard to Montessori. A must for anyone wanting to effect policy change in early childhood education and Montessori.”
“Not to be missed! I gain new insights and generate new ideas from what I learn each year. The sharing and camaraderie is great and reminds us that we are all in this together to improve educational possibilities for children and we all have so much to share…and still to learn.”
“Some of the best practical information yet needed for our work.”
“This conference, with its focused agenda of Advocacy on behalf of the Montessori movement, provides tried and tested tools, incredible networking opportunities with others doing similar work in different places, and can help to guide the process that our movement needs to undertake in order to improve the quality and facility of implementation of Montessori world-wide!!”